Maine has a variety of benefits available to qualifying veterans and dependents in addition to those offered by the federal government. Here are a few that might be helpful:
- Veteran Benefit and Resource Guide - learn more about veterans' benefits available from state, local and federal government.
- Career Center - specialized employment and training services for Veterans.
- Consumer Financial Services - addresses consumer financial challenges affecting military members, veterans and their families.
- State and Federal Benefits - list of benefits available to qualifying veterans and dependents.
- The Realty Medics - Homebuying resources for Veterans
- The Mesothelioma Guide for Veterans- Veterans who develop mesothelioma as a result of their service in the military are entitled to benefits and assistance from the U.S. government.
- The Mesothelioma Fund - Offering free services for Veterans dealing with the cost of Mesothelioma treatment.
Neighborhood Network is a non profit agency in partnership with York Hospital and York Housing Authority. It is a referral program allowing individuals 50 and over stay in their current home with the proper supports.
www.mainelse.org - Free confidential legal services for Maine residents age 60 or older 1-800-750-5353
www.211maine.org or dial 211 on your phone - Maine's Health & Human Services Directory - Resources for many community services and helpful information.
College Financial Aid Guide- For incoming and current college students
- Federal Student Loans vs. Private Student Loans
- Student Loan Eligibility
- What are Private Student Loans
- Private Student Loan Interest Rates
- What is a Cosigner?
- How to Obtain Student Loans
- Paying Back Private Student Loans After Graduation
- How to Save Money
- and more!
Did you know that you can check to see if you have any unclaimed property in your name? Find out if you have any "Missing Money" at these links.