Stay up to date with South Berwick News
FROM THE ASSESSORS OFFICE
DEFERRED COLLECTION OF HOMESTEAD PROPERTY TAXES
Maine Revenue Service Title 36, Chapter 908.
Click Below for Application
PROPERTY TAX DEFERRAL APPLICATION
- The Property Tax Deferral Application is for taxpayers to complete and file with the assessor.
- Applications have to be filed between Jan 1st 2022 & and April 1st 2022
- Assessors must verify certain items on the applications and forward the applications to Maine Revenue Service within 30 days of receipt.
- The program is needs-based, requires the applicant to be receiving the Homestead Exemption, and has income and asset limits. Maine Revenue Service will determine eligibility and notify the Assessor of accounts that qualify for deferral.
- To receive reimbursement for the deferred taxes, municipalities must file the Municipal Property Tax Report annually within 30 days of commitment, listing the approved program participants in the municipality and attaching copies of the property tax bills for those participants. Maine Revenue Service will issue reimbursements to municipalities after review of the report.
Mail to: Assessors Office
c/o Verna Sharpe
180 Main Street
South Berwick, ME 03908
REFLECTIVE ADDRESS MARKER ORDER FORMS
Consider ordering a Reflective Address Marker for your mailbox
Vertical or Horizontal ONLY $15.00
Order Form Available Here